Dental Products and services Industry
One of our key areas of specialization involves the design and implementation of market research studies in the dental area. Over the years we have conducted numerous studies with dentists, orthodontists, endodontists, dental assistants, dental hygienists and dental laboratories worldwide.
We rely on a variety of data collection methods when conducting studies with dental professionals. Online surveys and online focus groups are however the data collection methods of choice in this market. Survey and focus group participants generally find online market research methods more convenient. Our dental industry clients also realize significant cost and time savings when conducting their qualitative and quantitative market research projects online.
Our quarterly OMNIDENTM online omnibus survey is a cost-effective, confidential research tool that lets dental manufacturers, advertisers, associations, and others in the dental industry survey dental professionals quickly and efficiently.
We regularly publish a snapshot of the U.S. and German dental markets in terms of dentists' attitudes towards the economy, dental practice activity, dental procedures (including orthodontic procedures), capital budget expenditures and dental equipment & technologies. The results of this unique longitudinal market research study are published quarterly as part of six reports titled:
We also have recently conducted surveys in the following countries: Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, Spain, the UK and USA. Our DENBASETM dental database, is the largest database of dental professionals in the world.
Specifically, we have conducted dental market research studies and we offer specialized market research services in the following areas: concept testing, product and manufacturer satisfaction studies, conjoint analysis and new product optimization, pricing elasticity, brand equity and advertising effectiveness.
Key dental product categories where we have demonstrated market research capabilities include:
- Continuous education services for dental professionals
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Dental and surgery instruments: electric motor dental handpieces, high speed air turbine dental handpieces, hard/soft tissue lasers
- Dental equipment
- Digital dentistry: digital impression systems / intraoral scanning systems, chairside CAD/CAM
- Dental industry & practice trends
- Dental laboratory supplies and equipment
- Dental consumables: composites, adhesives, sealants
- Dental office & practice management software
- Dental supplies and materials (impression, adhesive, restorative)
- Hygiene (sealants, fluoride treatments) products
- Imaging products: dental cone beam CT, intraoral digital x-ray, digital dental panoramic/cephalometric x-ray
- Implant systems
- Indirect restorations (crowns, bridges, veneers)
- Infection control products
- Intra-oral cameras
- Orthodontic appliances (conventional metal / cosmetic brackets, clear tray aligners)
- Outsourced dental services
- Scanning and laser technologies
- Teeth whitening products & treatments
- Consumer dental and oral healthcare products: toothpastes, toothbrushes, mouthwashes
Our clients include leading manufacturers and wholesalers of dental supplies, dental devices and dental equipment in the USA, Western Europe and Japan. We also work with dental associations, trade magazines and dental insurance providers worldwide to support them in both their data collection, market and product analysis efforts.
As a result, we have developed several market research methodologies and services which address the specific needs and characteristics of both our dental industry clients and their target customers. These include unique sampling methodologies, data collection methods and analytical tools.
To learn more:
- OMNIDEN: an international omnibus survey of general practitioners and specialists in the United States and Germany (quarterly), as well as in Algeria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, the UK and Vietnam (annually or biannually).
- DENBASE: our proprietary worldwide database of dental professionals
- Dental shows: an up-to-date list of upcoming tradeshows for dental industry professionals
- Market research reports: dental market research reports available for purchase online
To learn more about our capabilities and the market research services we can offer in this highly targeted research area please contact us today.
If you would to meet with us during an upcoming dental show, please click here to see a list of shows we will be attending in the next 12 months. We are looking forward to meeting with you soon!