Dental Industry Market Reports
Other dental market reports here
Dentists and the U.S. Economy 1st Quarter 2009 report
Report #: 090279
Fees: $295.00 USD (site license)
Ordering the report:
Click on the "ADD TO CART" button above. You will be automatically forwarded to a secure (https) payment page where you will be able to complete your order. Credit cards accepted include: American Express, VISA and MasterCard. Members of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) are eligible to receive an additional discount on the report license fees. Please enter your coupon code if applicable.
You will receive a copy of the report between 2 and 5 business days after submitting your order. Please note that all orders are verified manually.
The 1st quarter 2009 edition of OMNIDENTM - AFG Research’s U.S. dental omnibus - included several questions designed to gather dentists’ opinions regarding the current state of the U.S. economy and the way their practice has been affected by the current economic environment. Results for these questions are made available as part of a report titled: “Dentists and the U.S. Economy 1st Quarter 2009”.
The report will help dental manufacturers and distributors to: a) assess the current business environment of the industry, b) better understand the ways in which dentists across the U.S. are coping with changes in the economic environment, c) identify key opportunities for adapting their business to better address the needs of their customers, and d) identify future trends and developments to better forecast business activity in 2009 and beyond.
Specifically, AFG Research probed into what 250 U.S. dentists think about the current economic environment and the challenges faced by their practice. As part of this study, AFG Research measured the changes experienced in the volume of twenty different dental procedures during the past six months, including direct restorations, implant procedures and many others. In addition, we collected feedback from dentists on their outlook for the upcoming six months and purchase intentions with respect to various dental products and technologies.
The research points to three underlying segments among U.S. dental practices: "on the edge", "bandwagon" and "robust". Perceptions of the U.S. economy, procedure volume (past and forecasted), as well as dental equipment / technology purchases are clearly different among each of these three segments.
Dental Procedures Covered:
The report covers the following dental procedures:
- Direct fillings / restorations
- Whitening / bleaching
- Cleaning / prophylaxis
- Sealant cases
- Fluoride treatment
- Enamel shaping
- Treatment planning & diagnostic
- Dental crowns
- Dental bridges
- Root canal treatment
- Endodontic post
- Orthodontic braces / appliance
- Removable dentures
- Full dentures
Dental Product Categories Covered:
The report covers the following dental product categories:
- Caries detection software
- Chair side CAD / CAM restoration system
- Computer terminal / server / networking hardware
- Dental cabinetry
- Dental chair(s)
- Dental cone beam imaging system
- Dental image and management software
- Dental loupes
- Dental patient education system
- Dental photography system
- Dental ultasonic scaler
- Digital impression system (Cadent iTero, 3M ESPE LAVA C.O.S.)
- Digital intraoral radiography
- Digital panoramic X-Ray / cephalometric X-Ray
- Digital X-ray system
- Electric handpieces
- Intraoral camera
- Intraoral video
- Intraoral (IO) scanner
- Cone Beam 3D Imaging System (CBCT)
- Laser - hard/soft tissue
- Laser - soft tissue
- Light / laser caries detection system
- Operatory light
- Oral cancer detection system
- Practice management system
- Tooth shade matching system
Information on Report License:
Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise location. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any person or persons outside of the enterprise location. Customers who infringe these license terms are liable for a Global Site license fee.
Global Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise worldwide. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any other person or persons outside of the enterprise. Please contact us for details.
DTA Members Discount:
AFG Research is a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA)
Any organization which is currently a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) is eligible to an additional discount on the report license fees. Please request your coupon code if applicable.
Please contact us should you have any questions regarding our market research reports or require any assistance in placing an order.
You may contact us via:
- Email: email@example.com
- 1 800 657 9647 x555 (USA & Canada toll-free) or +1 415 230 2350 x555
- +33 (0)975 180 145 x555 (France / Germany)
- +39 06 62 29 17 19 x555 (Italy)
- +41 (0)61 545 21 32 x555 (Switzerland)
- +44 (0)203 355 4853 x555 (U.K.)
- +81 3 4578 0490 Ext. 555 (Japan)
- +52 55 1168 9912 Ext. 555 (Mexico)
- Dentists and U.S. Economy 1st Quarter 2010 - Practice Stabilization Post-Recession
- Dentists and U.S. Economy 3rd Quarter 2009 - Growing Optimism in a Sluggish Recovery
- Dentists and U.S. Economy 2nd Quarter 2009 - Stabilizing but Challenges
- Dentists and U.S. Economy 4th Quarter 2008
Click here to return to the list of dental industry market reports.