Dental Industry Market Reports
Other dental market reports here
3rd Quarter 2009 U.S. Market Snapshot Series Report for Flowable Composite Materials
Report #: 090533-551
Fees: $395.00 USD (site license)
Ordering the report:
Click on the "ADD TO CART" button above. You will be automatically forwarded to a secure (https) payment page where you will be able to complete your order. Credit cards accepted include: American Express, VISA and MasterCard. Members of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) are eligible to receive an additional discount on the report license fees. Please enter your coupon code if applicable.
You will receive a copy of the report between 2 and 5 business days after submitting your order. Please note that all orders are verified manually.
The 3rd quarter 2009 U.S. Market Snapshot Series™ for Flowable Composite Materials provides an overview of the US dental flowable composites market. Based on data collected as part of AFG Research’s dental omnibus (OMNIDEN™) from 264 dentists across the US, this report will aid dental manufacturers in identifying their market share / share of procedure and assessing their favorability among US dentists (i.e., dentists’ attitudes towards them).
As restoration materials have evolved through generations to produce reliable, aesthetically-pleasing direct restorations, the market for dental flowable composites has similarly expanded. Notably, the first generation of flowable composites generated some doubts about their physical and mechanical characteristics.
- “Mechanical properties were generally about 60 to 90 percent of those of conventional composites… flowable materials should be used with caution in high-stress applications for restorative dentistry.”, A Characterization of First-Generation Flowable Composites, JADA, May 1998.
That being said, studies from recent years have confirmed the strength and toughness of flowable composites, and their applicability for a range of dental procedures including direct fillings.
- “Despite their lower elastic modulus, flowable resin-based composites generate polymerization contraction stress values similar to those produced by nonflowable resin-based composites”, Contraction stress of flowable composite materials and their efficacy as stress-relieving layer, JADA, December 2003.
A few key manufacturers are significantly outperforming all their competitors. However, it appears that manufacturers with the largest share of procedure (i.e., the total number of procedures performed with their dental flowable composite materials) did not necessarily enjoy the highest manufacturer favorability among dentists in the US market; that is, the number of US dentists who felt “very positive” about them was lower than expected.
Additionally, it seems that manufacturer favorability differs greatly between the overall US dental market and the “user” segment, in that dentists who actually use flowable composites by certain manufacturers report much higher favorability for that manufacturer, compared to dentists who don’t have first-hand experience with them.
Dental Procedures Covered:
- Direct anterior fillings / restorations
- Direct posterior fillings / restorations
Dental Product Categories Covered:
- Flowable composite materials
- 3M ESPE
- GC America
- Heraeus Kulzer
- Ivoclar Vivadent
- Kerr / Sybron
- Pentron Clinical
Regional Market Covered: USA
Data Collection Date: June 2009
Report Table of Contents:
- Section 01: Research Overview (p.4)
- Section 02: Research Methodology (p.6)
- Section 03: Summary of Key Findings (p.8)
- Section 04: Market Snapshot (p.12)
- Appendix I: Share of Procedure Definition (p.22)
- Appendix II: AFG Research Contact Information (p.24)
Information on Report License:
- Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise location. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any person or persons outside of the enterprise location. Customers who infringe these license terms are liable for a Global Site license fee.
- Global Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise worldwide. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any other person or persons outside of the enterprise. Please contact us for details.
DTA Members Discount:
AFG Research is a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA)
Any organization which is currently a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) is eligible to an additional discount on the report license fees. Please request your coupon code if applicable.
Please contact us should you have any questions regarding our market research reports or require any assistance in placing an order.
You may contact us via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 800 657 9647 x555 (USA & Canada toll-free) or +1 415 230 2350 x555
- +33 (0)975 180 145 x555 (France / Germany)
- +39 06 62 29 17 19 x555 (Italy)
- +41 (0)61 545 21 32 x555 (Switzerland)
- +44 (0)203 355 4853 x555 (U.K.)
- +81 3 4578 0490 Ext. 555 (Japan)
- +52 55 1168 9912 Ext. 555 (Mexico)
Click here to return to the list of dental industry market reports.