Dental Industry Market Reports
Other dental market reports here
3rd Quarter 2009 U.S. Market Snapshot Series Report for Pit and Fissure Sealants
Report #: 090533-555
Fees: $395.00 USD (site license)
Ordering the report:
Click on the "ADD TO CART" button above. You will be automatically forwarded to a secure (https) payment page where you will be able to complete your order. Credit cards accepted include: American Express, VISA and MasterCard. Members of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) are eligible to receive an additional discount on the report license fees. Please enter your coupon code if applicable.
You will receive a copy of the report between 2 and 5 business days after submitting your order. Please note that all orders are verified manually.
The 3rd quarter 2009 U.S. Market Snapshot Series™ for Pit and Fissure Sealants provides an overview of the US dental sealants market. Based on data collected as part of AFG Research’s dental omnibus (OMNIDEN™) from 264 dentists across the US, this report will aid dental manufacturers in identifying their market share / share of procedure and assessing their favorability among US dentists (i.e., dentists’ attitudes towards them).
Clinical opinions regarding the use of sealants, specifically involving cases of dental caries, have been contradictory at times. Due to these interesting divergences in opinion, the US market for dental sealants is one to watch in the coming years.
- “The sealant concept has been abused, overdone, used at inappropriate times, and had a remarkable number of clinical failures that have been observed by all clinical dentists… for more than 20 years, I have used as my sealant material a very small amount of the same fully-filled restorative resin that I place in a typical Class I or Class II restoration… you have now placed a “sealant” that will last indefinitely… you should expect the conventional sealant materials to have a shorter service life than standard restorative resins due to lower filler content, less strength, and less adequate wear resistance.”, Ask Dr. Christensen, Dental Economics, March 2009.
- “Our study revealed that a large number of young naval personnel have caries-susceptible teeth that may benefit from the placement of dental sealants. After an average follow-up of 35 months, 87.8 percent of the dental sealants placed in this population were retained… These results suggest that dental sealants can be retained successfully in adults and should be considered as a viable treatment alternative for adult patients who are susceptible to caries. However, further study is required to determine the reasons and possible remedies for increased sealant failure among patients at moderate or high risk of developing caries, and to determine the clinical and cost-effectiveness of caries prevention by sealant placement on young adults entering the U.S. Navy”, Dental sealant longevity in a cohort of young U.S. naval personnel, JADA, February 2005.
There are a few key manufacturers who are significantly outperforming all their competitors. Notably, it appears that manufacturers with the largest share of procedure (i.e., the total number of procedures performed with their dental sealants) did not necessarily enjoy the highest manufacturer favorability among dentists in the US market; that is, the number of US dentists who felt “very positive” about them was lower than expected.
Dental Procedures Covered:
- Sealant procedures
Dental Product Categories Covered:
- Pit and fissure selants
- 3M ESPE
- Ivoclar Vivadent
- Kerr / Sybron
- Pentron Clinical
Regional Market Covered: USA
Data Collection Date: June 2009
Report Table of Contents:
- Section 01: Research Overview (p.4)
- Section 02: Research Methodology (p.6)
- Section 03: Summary of Key Findings (p.8)
- Section 04: Market Snapshot (p.12)
- Appendix I: Share of Procedure Definition (p.22)
- Appendix II: AFG Research Contact Information (p.24)
Information on Report License:
- Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise location. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any person or persons outside of the enterprise location. Customers who infringe these license terms are liable for a Global Site license fee.
- Global Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise worldwide. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any other person or persons outside of the enterprise. Please contact us for details.
DTA Members Discount:
AFG Research is a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA)
Any organization which is currently a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) is eligible to an additional discount on the report license fees. Please request your coupon code if applicable.
Please contact us should you have any questions regarding our market research reports or require any assistance in placing an order.
You may contact us via:
- Email: email@example.com
- 1 800 657 9647 x555 (USA & Canada toll-free) or +1 415 230 2350 x555
- +33 (0)975 180 145 x555 (France / Germany)
- +39 06 62 29 17 19 x555 (Italy)
- +41 (0)61 545 21 32 x555 (Switzerland)
- +44 (0)203 355 4853 x555 (U.K.)
- +81 3 4578 0490 Ext. 555 (Japan)
- +52 55 1168 9912 Ext. 555 (Mexico)
Click here to return to the list of dental industry market reports.