Dental Industry Market Reports
Other dental market reports here
3rd Quarter 2009 U.S. Market Snapshot Series Report for Chairside CAD/CAM
Report #: 090533-650
Fees: $495.00 USD (site license)
Ordering the report:
Click on the "ADD TO CART" button above. You will be automatically forwarded to a secure (https) payment page where you will be able to complete your order. Credit cards accepted include: American Express, VISA and MasterCard. Members of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) are eligible to receive an additional discount on the report license fees. Please enter your coupon code if applicable.
You will receive a copy of the report between 2 and 5 business days after submitting your order. Please note that all orders are verified manually.
The 3rd quarter 2009 edition of AFG Research’s U.S. Market Snapshot Series™ for Chairside CAD/CAM provides an overview of the US chairside CAD/CAM market. Based on data collected as part of AFG Research’s dental omnibus (OMNIDEN™) from 264 dentists across the US, this report will aid dental manufacturers in identifying their market share, awareness, favorability, perceived value for money as well as the equipment usage and purchase intentions among US dentists.
Clinical opinions regarding the use of chairside CAD/CAM had been contradictory at times. However, the utility and efficacy of a chairside CAD/CAM seems to be no longer disputed. This system has apparently been accepted by the dentist community, therefore more dentists might be likely to perform a “restoration in one appointment” and the US market for chairside CAD/CAM is one to watch in the coming years:
- “The materials are clinically proven, the chairside indirect restorations process is incredibly effective and efficient, and the technology is more advanced, versatile, and capable than ever before. With more and more manufacturers designing systems that provide chairside digital impressions – the basis of chairside CAD/CAM- it is now safe to say that CAD/CAM dentistry has been fully accepted by mainstream dentistry”, Revisiting chairside CAD/CAM in an uncertain economic climate, Dental Economics, March 2009.
- “There are systems … that allow the dentist to take
a chairside digital impression only, which is then sent
via Internet to a fabrication center. While these
systems eliminate the conventional material-based
impression, they don’t eliminate lab intervention or the
associated lab fees. The single most beneficial aspect
of CAD/CAM dentistry is to deliver a restoration in one
appointment”, Revisiting chairside CAD/CAM in an
uncertain economic climate,
Dental Economics, March 2009.
Even if a clear leader can be identified in the US chairside CAD/CAM market, its position in terms of market share is not as clearly reflected when it comes to favorability scores.
Dental Equipment Covered:
- Chairside CAD/CAM
- Product usage and penetration among U.S. dental practices
- Equipment purchase (and replacement) intentions among dentists
- Equipment category / market growth rate
- Market share by equipment brand / manufacturer
- Equipment purchase intentions (by user groups)
- Equipment manufacturer awareness among users and non-users
- Equipment manufacturer favorability by brand / manufacturer
- Perceived value for money by equipment brand / manufacturer
- D4D Technologies
- Sirona Dental Systems
Regional Market Covered: USA
Data Collection Date: June 2009
Report Table of Contents:
- Section 01: Research Overview (p.4)
- Section 02: Research Methodology (p.6)
- Section 03: Summary of Key Findings (p.8)
- Section 04: Market Snapshot (p.11)
- Product Usage (p.12)
- Manufacturer Awareness (p.14)
- Manufacturer Market Share (p.18)
- Purchase Intentions (p.20)
- Manufacturer Favorability (p.23)
- Manufacturer Value for Money (p.25)
- Appendix I: Market Share Definition (p.28)
- Appendix II: AFG Research Contact Information (p.30)
Information on Report License:
- Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise location. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any person or persons outside of the enterprise location. Customers who infringe these license terms are liable for a Global Site license fee.
- Global Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise worldwide. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any other person or persons outside of the enterprise. Please contact us for details.
DTA Members Discount:
AFG Research is a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA)
Any organization which is currently a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) is eligible to an additional discount on the report license fees. Please request your coupon code if applicable.
Please contact us should you have any questions regarding our market research reports or require any assistance in placing an order.
You may contact us via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 800 657 9647 x555 (USA & Canada toll-free) or +1 415 230 2350 x555
- +33 (0)975 180 145 x555 (France / Germany)
- +39 06 62 29 17 19 x555 (Italy)
- +41 (0)61 545 21 32 x555 (Switzerland)
- +44 (0)203 355 4853 x555 (U.K.)
- +81 3 4578 0490 Ext. 555 (Japan)
- +52 55 1168 9912 Ext. 555 (Mexico)
Click here to return to the list of dental industry market reports.