Dental Industry Market Reports
Other dental market reports here
3rd Quarter 2009 U.S. Market Snapshot Series Report for Digital X-Ray
Report #: 090533-653
Fees: $495.00 USD (site license)
Ordering the report:
Click on the "ADD TO CART" button above. You will be automatically forwarded to a secure (https) payment page where you will be able to complete your order. Credit cards accepted include: American Express, VISA and MasterCard. Members of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) are eligible to receive an additional discount on the report license fees. Please enter your coupon code if applicable.
You will receive a copy of the report between 2 and 5 business days after submitting your order. Please note that all orders are verified manually.
The 3rd quarter 2009 edition of AFG Research’s U.S. Market Snapshot Series™ for Digital X-Ray provides an overview of the digital X-ray market. Based on data collected as part of AFG Research’s dental omnibus (OMNIDEN™) from 264 dentists across the US, this report will aid dental manufacturers in identifying their market share, awareness, favorability, perceived value for money as well as the equipment usage and purchase intentions among US dentists.
Dentistry seems to have entered the “digital age”, with his implications of costs going down and practice efficiency going up. Even if some dentists are reluctant to adopt this technology, some say that digital radiographs are becoming the norm:
- “The age of digital dentistry has arrived in full force and is changing the way we all provide dental care. Digital radiographs are becoming the norm”, Clinical impression of digital impressions, Dental Economics, March 2009.
- “Many doctors fail to recognize that by going digital, they are able to eliminate all costs associated with film, including chemicals and labor, while reducing chair time per patient and increasing case acceptance. These combine to provide the practice with a clear increase in profit … film is an archaic imaging medium that fails the doctor in terms of efficiency and the patient in terms of radiation dosage. From consumer products to professional and medical devices, film-based products are rapidly disappearing from the marketplace. There is no better time than now to go digital”, A dialogue with industry leaders to discuss what’s next in dentistry”, Dental Products Report, April 2009.
The manufacturers’ positions, in terms of market share, are not completely reflected when it comes to favorability towards digital X-Ray as one of the “Top-3” market share manufacturers ranks below the “Top-3” in terms of overall favorability.
Dental Equipment Covered:
- Digital X-Ray
- Product usage and penetration among U.S. dental practices
- Equipment purchase (and replacement) intentions among dentists
- Equipment category / market growth rate
- Market share by equipment brand / manufacturer
- Equipment purchase intentions (by user groups)
- Equipment manufacturer awareness among users and non-users
- Equipment manufacturer favorability by brand / manufacturer
- Perceived value for money by equipment brand / manufacturer
- AFP Imaging Corporation
- Air Techniques
- Dentrix Imaging
- E-WOO Technology
- Gendex Dental Systems
- Instrumentarium Dental
- MultiMedia Dental Systems
- PracticeWorks Systems
- Progeny Dental
- Schick Technologies
- Sigma Biomedics
- Sirona Dental Systems
- Suni Medical Imaging
- Video Dental Concepts
Regional Market Covered: USA
Data Collection Date: June 2009
Report Table of Contents:
- Section 01: Research Overview (p.4)
- Section 02: Research Methodology (p.6)
- Section 03: Summary of Key Findings (p.8)
- Section 04: Market Snapshot (p.12)
- Product Usage (p.13)
- Manufacturer Awareness (p.15)
- Manufacturer Market Share (p.21)
- Purchase Intentions (p.23)
- Manufacturer Favorability (p.26)
- Manufacturer Value for Money (p.28)
- Appendix I: Market Share Definition (p.31)
- Appendix II: AFG Research Contact Information (p.33)
Information on Report License:
- Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise location. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any person or persons outside of the enterprise location. Customers who infringe these license terms are liable for a Global Site license fee.
- Global Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise worldwide. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any other person or persons outside of the enterprise. Please contact us for details.
DTA Members Discount:
AFG Research is a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA)
Any organization which is currently a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) is eligible to an additional discount on the report license fees. Please request your coupon code if applicable.
Please contact us should you have any questions regarding our market research reports or require any assistance in placing an order.
You may contact us via:
- Email: email@example.com
- 1 800 657 9647 x555 (USA & Canada toll-free) or +1 415 230 2350 x555
- +33 (0)975 180 145 x555 (France / Germany)
- +39 06 62 29 17 19 x555 (Italy)
- +41 (0)61 545 21 32 x555 (Switzerland)
- +44 (0)203 355 4853 x555 (U.K.)
- +81 3 4578 0490 Ext. 555 (Japan)
- +52 55 1168 9912 Ext. 555 (Mexico)
Click here to return to the list of dental industry market reports.