Dental Industry Market Reports
Other dental market reports here
3rd Quarter 2009 U.S. Market Snapshot Series Report for Electric Handpieces
Report #: 090533-655
Fees: $495.00 USD (site license)
Ordering the report:
Click on the "ADD TO CART" button above. You will be automatically forwarded to a secure (https) payment page where you will be able to complete your order. Credit cards accepted include: American Express, VISA and MasterCard. Members of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) are eligible to receive an additional discount on the report license fees. Please enter your coupon code if applicable.
You will receive a copy of the report between 2 and 5 business days after submitting your order. Please note that all orders are verified manually.
The 3rd quarter 2009 edition of AFG Research’s U.S. Market Snapshot Series™ for Electric Handpieces provides an overview of the electric handpieces market. Based on data collected as part of AFG Research’s dental omnibus (OMNIDEN™) from 264 dentists across the US, this report will aid dental manufacturers in identifying their market share, awareness, favorability, perceived value for money as well as the equipment usage and purchase intentions among US dentists.
- “In the United States, air-driven handpieces are still the handpiece of choice, although the use of electric handpieces has increased”, Handpieces and burs: the cutting edge, Dental Office, March 2009.
That being said, regarding some advantages offered by electric handpieces, a shift might operate towards them:
- “Compared to electric handpieces, air-driven high-speed handpieces offer less power with a lower available torque, and are liable to stall or hesitate during use if increased force is applied or the bur meets a harder material. While it has been suggested that the higher torque of high-speed electric handpieces can result in an increase in tooth cracking or heating, a recent study found no evidence of this”, Handpieces and burs: the cutting edge, Dental Office, March 2009.
- “Unlike air-driven handpieces, electric handpieces operate at a constant torque, avoiding the potential for reduced speeds and stalling when increased pressure is applied or when old restorations are being removed. It has been suggested that together with the high speed and high torque offered by the electric handpiece, these features result in more precise preparations and better-defined margins; however one study of Class I preparations…found that there were no statistical differences in either the specified basic preparation or refinement of the preparation (including well-defined cavosurface margin and flat, smooth walls”, Handpieces and burs: the cutting edge, Dental Office, March 2009.
Even if some key electric handpieces manufacturers are outperforming all their competitors regarding market share, when it comes to manufacturer favorability, two of the “top-3” companies are challenged by an outsider (manufacturer who does not belong to the “Top-3” in terms of market share).
Dental Equipment Covered:
- Electric Handpieces
- Product usage and penetration among U.S. dental practices
- Equipment purchase (and replacement) intentions among dentists
- Equipment category / market growth rate
- Market share by equipment brand / manufacturer
- Equipment purchase intentions (by user groups)
- Equipment manufacturer awareness among users and non-users
- Equipment manufacturer favorability by brand / manufacturer
- Perceived value for money by equipment brand / manufacturer
- DentalEZ Group
- J. Morita
- KaVo Dental
- Lares Research
- Medidenta International
- NSK America
- Sirona Dental Systems
- SPEE Corp
Regional Market Covered: USA
Data Collection Date: June 2009
Report Table of Contents:
- Section 01: Research Overview (p.4)
- Section 02: Research Methodology (p.6)
- Section 03: Summary of Key Findings (p.8)
- Section 04: Market Snapshot (p.11)
- Product Usage (p.12)
- Manufacturer Awareness (p.14)
- Manufacturer Market Share (p.20)
- Purchase Intentions (p.22)
- Manufacturer Favorability (p.25)
- Manufacturer Value for Money (p.27)
- Appendix I: Market Share Definition (p.30)
- Appendix II: AFG Research Contact Information (p.32)
Information on Report License:
- Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise location. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any person or persons outside of the enterprise location. Customers who infringe these license terms are liable for a Global Site license fee.
- Global Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise worldwide. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any other person or persons outside of the enterprise. Please contact us for details.
DTA Members Discount:
AFG Research is a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA)
Any organization which is currently a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) is eligible to an additional discount on the report license fees. Please request your coupon code if applicable.
Please contact us should you have any questions regarding our market research reports or require any assistance in placing an order.
You may contact us via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 800 657 9647 x555 (USA & Canada toll-free) or +1 415 230 2350 x555
- +33 (0)975 180 145 x555 (France / Germany)
- +39 06 62 29 17 19 x555 (Italy)
- +41 (0)61 545 21 32 x555 (Switzerland)
- +44 (0)203 355 4853 x555 (U.K.)
- +81 3 4578 0490 Ext. 555 (Japan)
- +52 55 1168 9912 Ext. 555 (Mexico)
Click here to return to the list of dental industry market reports.