Dental Industry Market Reports
Other dental market reports here
3rd Quarter 2009 U.S. Market Snapshot Series Report for Hard / Soft (all) Tissue Lasers and Soft Tissue Lasers
Report #: 090533-656
Fees: $495.00 USD (site license)
Ordering the report:
Click on the "ADD TO CART" button above. You will be automatically forwarded to a secure (https) payment page where you will be able to complete your order. Credit cards accepted include: American Express, VISA and MasterCard. Members of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) are eligible to receive an additional discount on the report license fees. Please enter your coupon code if applicable.
You will receive a copy of the report between 2 and 5 business days after submitting your order. Please note that all orders are verified manually.
The 3rd quarter 2009 edition of AFG Research’s U.S. Market Snapshot Series™ for Electric Handpieces provides an overview of the electric handpieces markets. Based on data collected as part of AFG Research’s dental omnibus (OMNIDEN™) from 264 dentists across the US, this report will aid dental manufacturers in identifying their market share, awareness, favorability, perceived value for money as well as the equipment usage and purchase intentions among US dentists.
For now, the advantages linked to tissue laser usage don’t seem to be reflected in the tissue lasers ownership and purchases, even so prices have come down and tissue laser usage enables dentists to increase their productivity and profits:
- “ROI is incredible. If your laser doesn’t pay for itself within about three months, you’re missing something… that something may be frenectomies, Laser Bacterial Reduction on every prophy patient, gingivectomies, fibroma removals, hemangioma treatments, herpetic lesions … the list is long and the benefits are great”, Let’s your laser show the light, Dental Products Report, July 2009.
- “In my training courses, I tell dentists they should expect to see an increase in productivity of 25% in the first year they fully integrate the laser into their practice”, Let’s your laser show the light, Dental Products Report, July 2009.
- “As the price has come down…more dentists have either added a laser to their armamentarium, or indicate they plan to do so soon. But having said that, laser owners are still in the minority. In DPR’s recent 2009 Technology Survey, 17% of the responding GPs indicated they own a soft-tissue laser, while the figures for owning hard-tissue or dual wavelength lasers are still in single digits”, Let’s your laser show the ligh”, Dental Products Report, July 2009.
Even if a clear leader can be identified in the US hard / soft tissue laser market, its position in terms of market share is not as clearly reflected when it comes to favorability scores. As for the soft tissue lasers, the manufacturer leader in terms of market share seems to be challenged by other competitors when it comes to favorability scores and value for money.
Dental Equipment Covered:
- Hard / Soft (all) tissue lasers
- Soft tissue lasers
- Product usage and penetration among U.S. dental practices
- Equipment purchase (and replacement) intentions among dentists
- Equipment category / market growth rate
- Market share by equipment brand / manufacturer
- Equipment purchase intentions (by user groups)
- Equipment manufacturer awareness among users and non-users
- Equipment manufacturer favorability by brand / manufacturer
- Perceived value for money by equipment brand / manufacturer
- Hard / soft tissue laser:
- BIOLASE Technology
- HOYA ConBio
- Lares Research
- Millennium Dental Technologies
- Soft tissue laser:
- AMD Lasers
- BIOLASE Technology
- Great Plains
- HOYA ConBio
- Ivoclar Vivadent
- KaVo Dental
- Lares Research
- Sirona Dental Systems
- USA Laser Biotech
- Zap Lasers
Regional market Covered: USA
Data Collection Date: June 2009
Report Table of Contents:
- Section 01: Research Overview (p.4)
- Section 02: Research Methodology (p.6)
- Section 03: Summary of Key Findings (p.8)
- Section 04: Market Snapshot (p.12)
- Product Usage (p.13)
- Manufacturer Awareness (p.15)
- Manufacturer Market Share (p.26)
- Purchase Intentions (p.29)
- Manufacturer Favorability (p.33)
- Manufacturer Value for Money (p.36)
- Appendix I: Market Share Definition (p.41)
- Appendix II: AFG Research Contact Information (p.43)
Information on Report License:
- Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise location. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any person or persons outside of the enterprise location. Customers who infringe these license terms are liable for a Global Site license fee.
- Global Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise worldwide. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any other person or persons outside of the enterprise. Please contact us for details.
DTA Members Discount:
AFG Research is a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA)
Any organization which is currently a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) is eligible to an additional discount on the report license fees. Please request your coupon code if applicable.
Please contact us should you have any questions regarding our market research reports or require any assistance in placing an order.
You may contact us via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 800 657 9647 x555 (USA & Canada toll-free) or +1 415 230 2350 x555
- +33 (0)975 180 145 x555 (France / Germany)
- +39 06 62 29 17 19 x555 (Italy)
- +41 (0)61 545 21 32 x555 (Switzerland)
- +44 (0)203 355 4853 x555 (U.K.)
- +81 3 4578 0490 Ext. 555 (Japan)
- +52 55 1168 9912 Ext. 555 (Mexico)
Click here to return to the list of dental industry market reports.