Dental Industry Market Reports
Other dental market reports here
4th Quarter 2009 U.S. Dental Patient Survey Report
Report #: 091115-001
Fees: $495.00 USD (global site license)
Ordering the report:
Click on the "ADD TO CART" button above. You will be automatically forwarded to a secure (https) payment page where you will be able to complete your order. Credit cards accepted include: American Express, VISA and MasterCard. Members of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) are eligible to receive an additional discount on the report license fees. Please enter your coupon code if applicable.
After submitting your order successfully, you will be directed to a web page where you will be able to download the report (100-page Adobe PDF document). Additionally, you will receive a link via email to download the report in electronic format. Alternatively, you may receive a paper copy of the report between 4 and 5 business days after submitting your order (available upon request only). Please note that all orders are verified manually.
The 4th Quarter 2009 U.S. Dental Patient Survey Report provides insight into the impact of the current economic situation on patients’ dental visit patterns, as well as changes to patient insurance coverage. Based on data collected as part of AFG Research’s U.S. Patient Dental Survey, a representative sample of 500 U.S. adults was surveyed during the month of December 2009. The sample was designed to maintain nationwide representation among U.S. adults (aged 18 and over) in terms of age, gender, overall household income and U.S. census region (East, Midwest, South and West).
The last economic crisis has impacted the majority of American industries – the dental industry included. This report aims to address the extent to which patterns in dental visits have shifted, as well as the impact of the economy on patients’ insurance coverage.
Half of the U.S. adults surveyed indicated that their families were “worse off economically” compared to the end of 2008. 39% felt they were in a “similar economic situation”. Attitudes towards the future and the economy remain guarded. Less than than 7% of the U.S. adults report that they are “very optimistic” about the economic situation over the next 12 months.
A significant proportion of U.S. adults surveyed indicated that the economic situation over the past 12 months had affected their dental visits in some way (e.g., missed or cancelled dental appointments due to price concerns, etc.). Many among patients reduced the frequency of their dental visits; and / or indicated that they substituted dental visits with other more important appointments such as doctor’s visits.
While the economic crisis has impacted the pattern of dental visists, some demographic groups (U.S. census regions, gender, age, household income) have been significantly less affected than others. Those differences among demographic groups also appear when it comes to dental visits' outlook.
This information will aid dental manufacturers by providing additional understanding of the consumer's perspective. Changes in insurance coverage directly influence dental office visitation rates and underlying demand for dental manufacturer’s products. Overall, this report will help dental manufacturers and other dental industry participants in understanding the circumstances facing U.S. dental patients, the changes that have occurred in the dental market due to the economic situation and the impact this may have on the dental manufacturers’ business in 2010 and beyond.
Key Topics Covered:
The report covers the following topics by key demographic segments (i.e., patient age, gender, household income and U.S. census region):
- Attitudes of US adults towards the economy
- Impact of economic situation on dental visitations
- Current dental insurance coverage
- Changes in insurance coverage due to the economic situation
- Dental patient visitation patterns for the last 3, 6, 9 and 12 months
- Purposes of recent dental visits
- Spending changes on home dental care products / treatments
Dental Procedures Covered:
The report covers the following dental procedures in terms incidence level and visit recency by key demographic segments (i.e., patient age, gender, household income and U.S. census region):
- Crown and bridge work
- Fillings / cavity
- General exam
- Implant treatment
- Orthodontic work
- Periodontal surgery
- Root canal treatment
- Scaling and cleaning
- Tooth extraction
- Veneers, inlays, onlays
- Wisdom teeth extraction
- Whitening / bleaching treatments (in-office)
Regional Market Covered: USA (consumers / patients)
Data Collection Date: December 2009
Report Table of Contents:
- Section I: Executive Summary (p. 4)
- Section II: Research Objectives (p. 10)
- Section III: Research Methodology (p. 12)
- Section IV: Results (p. 20)
- Section IV-A: Influence of the U.S. economy (p. 21)
- Section IV-B: Dental Visits (p. 29)
- Section IV-C: Dental Insurance Coverage (p. 36)
- Section IV-D: Home Dental Care Spending (p. 42)
- Appendix I: Additional Charts (p. 44)
Additional Report - Home Dental Care Product / Treatment Categories:
Multiple home dental care product / treatment categories are covered in terms of usage levels and brand awareness / market share by key demographic segments (i.e., age, gender, household income and U.S. census region) as part of a separate report. Please refer to the 4th Quarter 2009 U.S. Home Dental Care Products Survey Report for detailed coverage on dental floss, mouthwash, power toothbrush, take-home whitening, canker sore treatment, denture cleaner, oral moisturizer and night guard product / treatment categories.
Information on Report License:
- Global Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise worldwide. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any other person or persons outside of the enterprise. Please contact us for details.
DTA Members Discount:
AFG Research is a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA)
Any organization which is currently a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) is eligible to an additional discount on the report license fees. Please request your coupon code if applicable.
Please contact us should you have any questions regarding our market research reports or require any assistance in placing an order.
You may contact us via:
- Email: email@example.com
- 1 800 657 9647 x555 (USA & Canada toll-free) or +1 415 230 2350 x555
- +33 (0)975 180 145 x555 (France / Germany)
- +39 06 62 29 17 19 x555 (Italy)
- +41 (0)61 545 21 32 x555 (Switzerland)
- +44 (0)203 355 4853 x555 (U.K.)
- +81 3 4578 0490 Ext. 555 (Japan)
- +52 55 1168 9912 Ext. 555 (Mexico)
Click here to return to the list of dental industry market reports.