Dental Industry Market Reports
Other dental market reports here
2nd Quarter 2012 U.S. Market Segmentation Series (MSS) Report on Electric Motor Dental Handpieces (EMDH)
Report #: 120233-820
Fees: $1,295 USD
Ordering the report:
Click on the "ADD TO CART" button above. You will be automatically forwarded to a secure (https) payment page where you will be able to complete your order. Credit cards that are accepted include: American Express, VISA and MasterCard. Members of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) are eligible to receive an additional discount on the report license fees. Please enter your coupon code if applicable.
After submitting your order successfully, you will receive a username and password in order to download the report and all related material. If you do not currently have a username and password on our site you will receive your login information within 2 business days. All orders are verified manually.
The 2nd Quarter 2012 U.S. Market Segmentation Series™ (MSS) report on Electric Motor Dental Handpieces (EMDH) provides insight into the EMDH product category. By segmenting dental practices according to both product usage and stated purchase intentions and profiling resulting segments (using over 200 dental practitioner- and practice-related characteristics) this report provides a unique and powerful perspective into the U.S. market for electric motor dental handpieces.
With increasing competition in the dental equipment & technology market as well as current economic conditions, dental manufacturers and distributors will find this report helpful in identifying and better targeting potential buyers, positioning their products and adjusting their messaging and communication activities based upon statistically relevant research findings.
This report is based on longitudinal data collected as part of AFG Research’s quarterly dental omnibus (OMNIDEN™) conducted with over 1,000 GPs in the U.S. (5 consecutive quarters since the 1st quarter 2011).
- Segmentation of the electric motor dental handpieces (EMDH) market
- Profiling of the electric motor dental handpieces segments in terms of key dentist demographics, practice characteristics, dental procedure volume, dental equipment and technologies currently used, etc.
- Identification of dental practices with the highest purchase / replacement potential
- Development of a scoring tool to determine the purchase potential among dental practices
Electric Motor Dental Handpieces Market Segments:
General Practitioners (GPs) surveyed were segmented into 7 different groups based on their current electric motor dental handpieces usage, their intentions to purchase electric motor dental handpieces in the next 12 months, and their reasons (if applicable) for not being likely to purchase electric motor dental handpieces.
The electric motor dental handpieces market segments are defined below:
Electric motor dental handpieces non-users:
Resistors: non-users who are not likely to purchase electric motor dental handpieces
Undecided: non-users who are evaluating a possible purchase of electric motor dental handpieces
Potential users: non-users who are likely or highly likely to purchase electric motor dental handpieces
Electric motor dental handpieces users:
Low potential buyers: users who are not likely to purchase electric motor dental handpieces
Recent buyers: users who are not likely to purchase electric motor dental handpieces because they recently purchased one or more
Undecided Repeat Customer (URC): users who are who are evaluating a possible purchase
Committed Repeat Customer (CRC): users who are likely or highly likely to purchase electric motor dental handpieces
Electric Motor Dental Handpieces Market Segments Profiling:
Each electric motor dental handpieces market segment is profiled using over 200 profiling variables, including:
- Attitudes towards the economy
- Practice activity and profitability
- Dental practice management priorities
- Capital budget for small and large dental equipment & technologies
- Dental procedure volume (> 20 procedures) including: direct dental procedures, indirect dental procedures, elective dental procedures
- Restorations materials & impression methods
- Equipment & technologies (>25 equipment categories):
digital imaging, digital impression systems & CAD/CAM
technology, laser & dental handpieces, etc.
- Penetration / usage rate
- Recency of purchase
- Purchase intentions
- Reasons for no purchase planned
Regional Market Covered: USA
Data Collection Date: March 2012
Report and Data Availability:
50-page electronic report with an executive summary and a subset of key charts profiling the various electric motor dental handpieces segments. The report is delivered electronically via our interactive online report tool (MarketSight).
MS Excel-based banner report profiling the market segments using over 200 profiling variables (practitioner and practice-related characteristics).
An online report which includes a subset of 20 key charts and tables.
Optional (additional fees apply / please inquire): The Market Segmentation Series (MSS) scoring tool for electric motor dental handpieces is based on an AFG Research proprietary statistical model that aims to allocate a score to each dental practices that reflects its probability of belonging to a particular segment and purchase / sales potential in regards to electric motor dental handpieces.
Information on Report License:
Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise location. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any person or persons outside of the enterprise location. Customers who infringe these license terms are liable for a Global Site license fee.
Global Site License: This license allows for use of the report by an unlimited number of people within the same enterprise worldwide. Each of these people may use the report on any computer, and may print out the report, but may not share the report (or any information contained therein) with any other person or persons outside of the enterprise. Please contact us for details.
DTA Members Discount:
AFG Research is a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA)
Any organization which is currently a member of the Dental Trade Alliance (DTA) is eligible to an additional discount on the report license fees. Please request your coupon code if applicable.
Please contact us should you have any questions regarding our market research reports or require any assistance in placing an order.
You may contact us via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 800 657 9647 x555 (USA & Canada toll-free) or +1 415 230 2350 x555
- +33 (0)975 180 145 x555 (France / Germany)
- +39 06 62 29 17 19 x555 (Italy)
- +41 (0)61 545 21 32 x555 (Switzerland)
- +44 (0)203 355 4853 x555 (U.K.)
- +81 3 4578 0490 Ext. 555 (Japan)
- +52 55 1168 9912 Ext. 555 (Mexico)
- 1st Quarter 2012 U.S. Market Snapshot Series (MSS) Report on Dental Practice Technology, Equipment and Capital Expenditures
- 2nd Quarter 2012 U.S. Market Segmentation Series (MSS) Report on High Speed Air Turbine Dental Handpieces (HSATDH)
- 2nd Quarter 2012 U.S. Market Segmentation Series (MSS) Report on Chairside CAD/CAM (CADCAM)
- 2nd Quarter 2012 U.S. Market Segmentation Series (MSS) Report on Digital Impression Systems (DIS) / Intraoral Scanning Systems (IOS)
Click here to return to the list of dental industry market reports.